Visa information

E - visa
Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) visas are issued based on treaties of commerce between the United States and several countries. Thus, individuals applying for E visas must have a treaty country nationality.

Some Treaty countries for E2 visa are; Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Finland, France, Germany, Honduras, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Panama, Poland, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, Yugoslavia

For Treaty Trader (E-1) status, one must establish:
The United States company or operation is engaged in substantial trade. "Trade" means an actual exchange of goods or moneys. "Substantial" depends on the type of operation and the volume and amount of transactions. Trade in services such as banking, insurance, transportation, tourism, and communications can also qualify. The trade conducted by the United States company or operation is principally between the United States and the treaty country.

For Treaty Investor (E-2) status, one must establish:
The investor has already invested, or is actively engaged in the process of investing, in the United States operation. The investor must have placed funds or assets at risk, or committed to placing them at risk, in the hope of generating a return. Loans secured by the assets of the United States operation or company cannot count toward the amount of the actual investment. The investor must be in the position to develop and direct the operation of the enterprise. The United States operation or company is, or will be, a real, operating commercial enterprise producing some service or commodity.
The investment must be substantial. When there is an existing enterprise, "substantial" normally means the investment must be more than half the value of the enterprise. When the enterprise is being established, "substantial" normally means the amount considered necessary to establish a viable enterprise of the nature contemplated. The investment is more than a marginal one solely to earn a living for self and family.

Spouses of E-visa holders may work in the United States under special permission from the USCIS.

How to apply for the visa.
Applicants for visas should generally apply at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate with jurisdiction over their place of permanent residence. Although visa applicants may apply at any U.S. consular office abroad, it may be more difficult to qualify for the visa outside the country of permanent residence.

More information
E2 Visa L1 Visa / Greencard

EB5 Resident Visa(Become a permanent resident based on investment)


Contact us to discuss the possibilities to buy a business in the US and to apply for a visa.